Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Day Twenty Six- Creativity



“The comfort zone is the great enemy to creativity.”
Dan Stevens

Oh my best friend, the comfort zone. Why would I ever want to leave its protective arms?
This is probably my greatest impediment to creativity. I don’t like feeling uncomfortable. The other day I was getting my eyes checked, and was asked to read something that was totally blurry. 

Of course I could not do it, and it made me think about how our inclination would be to avoid such tasks. However, with the proper glasses the task became doable.
 
Maybe that’s the better way to look at things that are uncomfortable at first. Whether it be a proper tool, or maybe even giving ourselves more time we might have a better chance for enjoyment. 

Leaving our comfort zone may give us opportunities that we hadn’t considered before which just might result in a creative endeavor. 

Creative Activity
Visit the toy aisle, or even better go to a toy specialty store. 

Not only will this bring back memories of childhood it might inspire you to play. Sometimes just picking up a small toy might spur you to do something creative. 

Craft kits are often found in toy stores, and they might be a fun way to get introduced to something new. 

My habit is to check out a children’s version of something when I’m new to something. It’s usually less intimidating than the adult version.
 
I’m including a link for how to ease out of your comfort zone. 

                                          https://www.developgoodhabits.com/comfort-zone/

No comments:

Post a Comment