Thursday, October 7, 2021

Day Seven-Creativity

       


  “Creativity arises from our ability to see things from many different angles.”

                                                                  Keri Smith

  One of my favorite books by Keri Smith is The Wander Society.

 I love to wander. Most of the time it’s in places like libraries, bookstores ( both new and used), thrift stores and garage sales. 
Each of these are like treasure hunts for me. Perhaps one of my most favorite finds was a piece of Baleek China that I snatched up for fifty cents. My ancestors are from the town of Baleek, and it began with the help of my best friend Kim a pretty cool collection.

Wandering is a natural way to slow down, and take in the sights which are often times overlooked in the hurry of our world. Smith reminds us that taking a moment to explore from more than one perspective is a wonderful way to allow our creativity to flourish. 
I’ve included her book in the photo today if you are interested in checking it out. 

Creative Activity

Create a playlist. Back in my day we used to make what were called mix tapes. It was a very unsophisticated way to combine all our favorite songs. Today with all the new technology these can be created through our phones with apps like Pandora and Spotify. Also if you happen to have an Alexa device at home she can help you set one up for your device. Even my five year old grandson has his own playlist of his favorite 1980’s country music. 

I’m including a link that might help you get started, especially if you are a little technically challenged like me. LOL!

                 https://www.howtogeek.com/747468/how-to-make-a-playlist-on-spotify/

No comments:

Post a Comment