Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Day Nineteen- Creativity




“To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.”
Anonymous 

I don’t like being wrong. I’ve died on that hill before when my pride wouldn’t let me quit my argument.

Creativity invites risk, and risk involves being wrong. For many of us the need to be right stems from some childhood conditioning. Our educational system rewards the correct answer. 
Being wrong may result in embarrassment or disappointment. 

When we realize we are wrong it’s probably best to admit it, ask forgiveness if need be, and try to make amends. Of course, learning from our mistakes is crucial as well. 

I aspire never to allow my need to be right to interfere with my creativity. 

Creative Activity 

Rearrange a room in your house. 

Now when it comes to this I must admit that I am not a room rearranger, but I have known people who are. 

I saw this with one of my teaching partners who rearranged her classroom weekly. I would usually decide on a set up in August and keep it in place until May. 

However, interior design is one way to express your creativity. For me changing out accessories is about as creative as I get. 

That being said if it sounds like fun to you give it a try!

I’m including a link to get you started:

                                              https://news.thelockup.com/rearrange-room-fresh-start/

No comments:

Post a Comment