Monday, October 11, 2021

Day Eleven-Creativity



“Creativity is the ability to look at the ordinary and see the extraordinary.”
Dewitt Jones

This is perhaps the easiest and the hardest thing to do. The ordinary is plentiful, and easily available to us. However, we often fail to see it, and spend our time trying to acquire the ever elusive extraordinary.

Begin to view the world with new eyes. Look through the lense of the ordinary to spark your creativity.

For me my ordinary now includes two toads who nightly make their way onto my porch. Perhaps just like the children’s series Frog and Toad  there is a new adventure for these two that needs to be written. 

I will admit, though, my new extraordinary now includes getting to watch the deer from my bedroom window as they peacefully enjoy visiting our backyard. 

Take nothing for granted, and you will feel blessed. 

Creative Activity

Hang out at an independent bookstore. I had the privilege of doing so a few weeks back. If you ever have a chance to visit Brownwood, Texas make sure you stop by the Intermission Bookshop. You will find the most amazing book tunnel, and before you leave be sure to inquire about the history of the building. 

I’ve recently learned about The Painted Porch Bookshop, a bookstore owned by author Ryan Holiday in Bastrop. I’ve added it to my list of places to visit.

I’m including the link to The Painted Porch Bookshop below:

                                                               https://www.thepaintedporch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment