Thursday, October 28, 2021

Day Twenty Eight- Creativity




“Creativity is a habit, and the best creativity is the result of good work habits.”
Twyla Tharp

Choreographer Twyla Tharp is an inspirational person. Recently she wrote a book about creativity and she wrote about how easy it is as we age for, not only our bodies, but our
to shrink. 

She encouraged her readers to not allow this to happen. Creative activities are all ways to challenge ourselves not to allow our world to become too small. 

Creative Activity

Start a new collection. 

This would be one of my favorite things to do. In fact I have to be careful not to let this get out of hand. What I think I like most about collections is the hunt. 

I find many of my treasures as resale stores where you never know what you are going to find. 
I’ve collected thimbles ever since Chuck and I got married. Each time that we travel somewhere new we look for thimbles to bring home. I have them proudly displayed in a printer’s tray. 

One of the most interesting collections I’ve ever seen was a former co-worker who had collected pens since high school. Donna Self has since passed away, but she had catalogued all of her pens, and had them organized neatly in a large box. 

I know it had brought her a lot of pleasure over the year as she searched for new and unique pens. 

A neighbor of mine collects heart shaped rocks which she finds while exploring her property. In fact she has named that property Heart Rock Ridge. 

Collections don’t have to be expensive, just something you are interested in, and find enjoyment from.

I’m including a link about collections:



No comments:

Post a Comment