Thursday, October 14, 2021

Day Fourteen-Creativity




“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”
Arthur Ashe

I like this idea. Sometimes we think we have to have the exact right materials in order to get started. 

A good friend of mine recently gifted me the cutest crocheted pumpkin. I knew I wanted to try and replicate her work, but wasn’t sure if I had the right color yarn at home. 

Instead of waiting until I had a chance to pick up some appropriate yarn I thought why not just get started on learning the stitch and pattern using what I’ve already got around the house?
Creativity doesn’t have to be complicated-simplicity will do. 

Creative Activity

Choose a different decade of music each day to listen to in the car. I recently learned that my Sirius XM radio had separate channels dedicated to different decades of music. 05 is 50’s music, 06 is 60’s, 07 is 70’s and so on down the line. 

I’m partial to 70’s music, but it’s a fun way to walk down memory lane, and also get a feel for more current tunes. Sadly, I kind of dropped out on pop music in the late 90’s. 

I’m including a list of top ten songs from throughout the years below:
(If you subscribe to Amazon music you can request specific titles.)

                                                http://www.billyjamesmusic.com/erasongs.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment