Sunday, October 31, 2021

Day Thirty One- Creativity






“Solitude is creativity’s best friend, and solitude is refreshment for our souls.”
Naomi Judd

Today is the last of my thirty one day series. Thank you for following along. 

Whether you actually tried any of the creative activities I suggested, I hope this series got you to thinking about the importance of creativity in your life. 

For me today’s quote pretty much sums up how creativity works in my life. If I am constantly on the go, and have no time for solitude my creativity sufferers. In life we have seasons that are busier than others. For me the last year has not left much time for creativity. 

I have found that there is an element of self- discipline that is required for creativity to blossom. 

As things are slowly settling down I’m going to choose the more creative life. 

Creative Activity

Take a trip down memory lane. 

I did this a couple of years ago, and it was so much fun. I returned to the home of my late childhood and teenaged years. It was fun to reflect back on that time, (also a perfect time to set your car radio to that decade) and to consider what your dreams were then, and where your life is in the present. 

Driving by your old schools, your church, and even the places you shopped (for me that was my beloved Westcliff Mall) all will bring back memories of that time in your life. 
Of course, for me no trip would be complete without driving by the Hampton Illinois Library where I spent much of my youth. 

If you are unable to actually return in person look back through your old photos and even check out Google Earth. I was able to locate my old home from third grade when I lived on Long Island. 

I’m including the link for Google Earth below:

                                                     https://www.google.com/earth/versions/

No comments:

Post a Comment