Sunday, October 17, 2021

Day Seventeen- Creativity

                           



        “Creativity requires the courage to let go of uncertainty.” 

Erich Fromm

This is a hard one for me, although I do challenge myself to be more open to uncertainty, it still feels uncomfortable.

When it comes to creativity not being so concerned about the outcome can allow us to be more open to the process. 

The courage comes into play when the final product is judged. Rejection is difficult for most of us, and might hold us back from reaching our true potential. 

I read a book once about a man who challenged himself to 100 days of rejection. Each day he put himself in a situation to be rejected. It was a life changing experience for him. 
Perhaps letting go of the certainty of the known can be taken in baby steps. This way it may not be too overwhelming.

Creative Activity

Choose some household item ( something like a paper clip, straw, spoon etc.) and challenge yourself to come up with 25 alternative uses. You may ask what the value of this might be, but stretching that creative muscle can actually be fun. 

Once I decided to make a list of ways I could make extra income. 40 items later I was quite pleased with my list. 

Once you’ve thought of 25 uses, think of one more. 

I’m including the link about the 100 Day Rejection Challenge:

                  https://www.ted.com/talks/jia_jiang_what_i_learned_from_100_days_of_rejection

No comments:

Post a Comment