Saturday, October 16, 2021

Day Sixteen- Creativity

 


                        “An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail.”

Edwin Land
I think this perhaps is the crucial stumbling block to creativity. 

Our school system quickly trains us to strive for the correct answer. Sadly, the lesson learned is to stick to that which we know will result in success. 

I once heard about a father who asked his children each night what they had failed at that day? This was not to discourage them, but rather he applauded them for having the courage to try.
 
Failures were looked at as opportunities. Creativity should be regarded as the opportunity to sojourn through the process in hopes of reaching a final destination which may or may not be successful.

Celebrate your success, but count your blessing having had the opportunity to learn from your failures.

Creative Activity

Reread a childhood favorite. For me that would probably be The Hundred Dresses. This was the first book I could not put down. I remember reading it all the way home from school as I made my way down the sidewalk. This book is proudly displayed in my own personal library today. 

Rereading a childhood favorite can transport you back in time. It can spark your own creative imagination. Reflect upon why you loved it so. 

I’m including a list of Children’s Classics to get you started:

                                      https://www.listchallenges.com/85-classic-childrens-books

No comments:

Post a Comment