Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Be the Change


Be the change. 

As we look around we often see things that we do not like, and may make comments about how we wish things could change. Sometimes falsely we think things used to be better as we long for the good old days. 

They may or may not have been. I've found as I've studied history that in many ways things are so much better today than a hundred years ago. We have made so many discoveries that have improved the overall quality of day to day living. Of course, nothing is finished or perfect, and there is always room for change. Hopefully, this change can improve the lives of even more people. 

As I look for ways that I can bring about change I first must begin with a loving heart. By doing my small part, maybe I can help change things for the better. 

If I can share what I've learned then I might be able to improve someone else's circumstances. If I can point out injustices, and untruths I might just open someone else's eyes to do the same. 

If I can do this with love, compassion and respect than I am doing my part in being the change as well as promoting the change that is possible. Being open to another's views, being available to help when needed, and being there just to listen are all very feasible ways of making the world a better place. 

If I can use my resources and gifts to help others then I will have lived a valuable life, and can feel more connected. Our actions do not need to be grandiose. Using what we are good at, and what we enjoy is the best way to start changing the world. 

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

Mahatma Gandhi 

2 comments:

  1. Your ending post reads a little like a manifesto. I like it. Congratulations on writing the whole 31 days! What a good topic and you throughly covered all aspects of change.

    ReplyDelete