Thursday, October 5, 2017

Change Where You Live


Change where you live. 

Recently my husband and I made a big change in our lives by changing where we live. We made the decision to leave our big house, and our community of over thirty years to move closer to my husband's work. 

He had been commuting close to three hours a day since 1993, and since our daughter was no longer living at home or attending school, we decided taking back the resource of time was a priority in how we wanted to live our lives. 

We began the first steps of downsizing, and were caught unaware at how many material possessions we had accumulated over the years. We moved several months later to an apartment a third of the size of our house, and have never looked back. 

The freedom and simplicity of apartment living has been life changing. We are fortunate that our apartment includes many amenities including a beautiful lake that calls my name in the evenings for walks with my dog. 

As I am writing I'm sitting on our small porch enjoying the cooler weather and catching a glimpse of the water in front of me. Making the decision to move was not an easy one. We had considered it several times before, and always talked ourselves out of actually following through. 

However, after we made the change we couldn't have been any happier. Our life was different, but so much more interesting. We were stretched to learn the terrain, meet new people, and embrace a new season of the journey. 


If you have been considering a change in location, don't allow fear or uncertainty to talk you out of it. Taking that next step might just be the best thing ever. 

2 comments:

  1. We moved to Cambodia from Ohio in January 2015. It has NOT been easy, but it's been AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only imagine. I am finding my life to be so much more interesting. I can only imagine how interesting yours must be! Thanks for reading.

      Delete