Sunday, October 1, 2017

Change


Change. 

What is it about change, and our reluctance to do so?  Why do we automatically assume that change is something bad? 

In the next thirty days I hope to change your mind. I hope to encourage you to feel more positive about change, and not to avoid the benefits it might bring. I'm hoping that you might choose those areas that resonate with you, and consider making a few changes in your life. 

Starting this blog two and a half years ago was a big change for me. It pushed me out of many comfort zones, and allowed me the growth that discomfort can bring. I remember sharing my first postings with only a handful of friends, all the while trying to calm my beating heart. 

Exposing your ideas and self to the world can be very intimidating, and good sense tells you not to. However, taking the risk has allowed me to do what I love: write, encourage others, be creative, and make new friends. 

Is there a change you have been considering? If so I hope you join me on this thirty-one day journey, and I look forward to hearing from you. 

6 comments:

  1. I have loved reading your blog posts. They have been a catalyst for me in so many ways. I, like you, have always had a hard time with change. I like everything planned out - to know where I'm going, how I'm getting there. This summer, I took a leap of faith and started teaching Chinese children online. I was so scared, but I was determined to try it. This change - teaching these children and learning about their culture - has brought great rewards. Thank you for helping me see that change isn't always a bad thing. Keep up the writing! You are touching lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renita, I am so proud and happy for you. I could tell from your postings that you were really enjoying your new adventure. Knowing you can step out and take this chance really can open the door to more changes. Thank you so much for your kind words. You made my day!

      Delete
  2. Change is something you have embraced in your blog so I will read gladly the advice you give.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, and thanks for your advice about the blog button. My husband made it the correct size, and I was able to add it as a gadget. It takes a village.LOL!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog today, Shari! I like your topic. Change can be so scary, but it is definitely something we need to accept as part of life and even though it pushes us outside our comfort zones it can lead to growth. I agree that it was a big change to take the plunge and start blogging but I'm glad I did!

    ReplyDelete