Sunday, October 29, 2017

Change Somebody's Day


Change somebody's day. 

We've all heard of Random Acts of Kindness, and how certain days can be dedicated to doing just so. What a wonderful way to make a difference. Just by doing one random act you might completely change somebody's day. 

I have enjoyed painting rocks, and leaving them along the path where I walk each day. It is my hope that the person who finds the rock will be encouraged or inspired. The other day my husband bought lunch for the security guard at work as they waited together in line. 

My 91 year old aunt has been known to send a thank-you card in response to your thank-you card. Hearing from her always puts a smile on my face, and encourages me to be more thoughtful. Even just acknowledging someone at the grocery store with a smile might change the trajectory of their day. 

I've heard of people as they celebrate their birthday choosing to do that number of random acts of kindness. In doing so it really takes the focus off of what others can do for you, and places it in on what you can do for others. 

We rarely have the chance to change someone's life, but the trickle down effect of an act of kindness might just get the ball rolling. Whether it be paying for a stanger's coffee in the drive-through or stopping by to visit an elderly parent, little things can mean a lot. 

Look for ways that you can change somebody's day. 

"Think for a moment of the impact a ray of sunshine has on a flower. Now think about the impact of a simple smile."

Lisa Desatnik

No comments:

Post a Comment