Friday, October 20, 2017

Change Your Priorities


Change your priorities. 

It seems when you are younger your priorities are often based around accumulating. Whether it be possessions or accolades, either way they seem to take priority.

However, as you find yourself moving into new decades, the things you once found so important seem to pale. You find yourself appreciating life in a different way. 


I can remember being in my thirties and forties when having the right house or the right car was extremely important. Even the right purse made a statement. I worked hard to make sure I accomplished this priority. Except now in my sixties none of that seems as important as it once was. 

I'm finding family, health and time to be big on my priority list now. As I anticipate a visit from my daughter and grandson, as I look for ways to incorporate healthier choices in my lifestyle, and as I enjoy writing my blog while sitting outside on my patio, I find contentment in the priorities of my life today. 

These changes have occurred almost organically, but I am so grateful they have. Examining what you prioritize might prompt you to bring about change. I've discovered that what really is important is not what others deem to be so, but rather what you know in your heart to be true. 

Sometimes it takes courage to say no to the priorities society places before us, but the peace and contentment of that change can be life altering. I'm so happy my priorities have changed. 

"Action expresses priorities."

Mahatma Gandhi 

2 comments: