Sunday, October 15, 2017

Change of Seasons


Change of seasons. 


I find that at the end of each season I begin to anticipate the next. Whether it's the bright green buds of spring, the long days of summer, the crisp autumn air, or the coziness of winter,  I enjoy the changes they bring. 

Years ago my husband was stationed in Jamaica, and although that might sound like paradise, he found the constancy of the seasons to get old. When every day is basically the same you begin to crave change. 

As much as we may claim to not like change we seem to embrace the change of seasons. Perhaps this is because there is a predictablity and familiarity to them. Of course, we all have our favorites, but generally there is something we like about each. 

The changing seasons can be a guide to our own life encouraging us to look forward to and anticipate change. The paradox in my life is that as much as I like routine and the familiar, I find myself getting bored, and seeking change.  

Maybe we should look toward the seasons as natures way of embracing change. 


"Just like the seasons, people have the ability to change."

Unknown

2 comments:

  1. Which is your favorite season?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either spring or fall. In Texas they are similar in their cooler temperatures. Summer is way too hot for sure. What about in your area?

      Delete