Monday, October 16, 2017

Change of Venue


Change of venue. 

It's easy to get caught up in our day to day lives, and lose sight of the value of change. Visiting new and different places really is good for the soul, and a way that change can enhance your life. 

In my family we like to tell the story about the time my father drove us several hours to Hot Springs, Arkansas, made a quick trip around the center of town, and then started to head back home. My husband asked if it would be okay if we could step out of the car, since we'd traveled so far, and maybe locate one of those hot springs?

It's one of our funniest memories, and we were glad we had the opportunity to stick our feet into the hot water. I've found some of my best vacations were quick week-end trips that ended up being lots of fun with very little stress and preparation.

Changing your venue is the perfect way to do this. Recently, Chuck and I stopped for lunch in a small town, and decided to check out the square before leaving. We came across an unexpected shop that specialized in artesian soaps. My first instinct was to keep on driving, but I'm so glad we stopped. 

Just like that trip to Hot Springs, we had the opportunity to experience something different. By the time we left I had purchased several handmade soaps, and am enjoying them in my home today. 

Far away excursions have their place, but there might be a venue right around the corner that you haven't discovered yet. For me it was a beautiful local botanical garden in the town next door. Discovering this gem was a perfect way to enjoy the beauty of outdoors.  

Change doesn't always have to be big or elaborate. Sometimes it's as simple as a change of venue. 

"Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind."

Seneca

No comments:

Post a Comment