Friday, October 6, 2017

Change Your Limiting Beliefs


Change your limiting beliefs.

It's easy to hang on to beliefs about yourself that may no longer be true, or probably never were true. These beliefs often times were shaped by somebody else's view of you, except you chose to believe them. 

Limiting beliefs will ultimately get in the way of living the life you not only deserve, but want. Limiting beliefs will hold you back from making any kind of change, and may result in you selling yourself short, and avoiding any kind of change. 

A friend of mine recently stepped outside of her comfort zone, and took on the task of teaching children in China on-line. She was hesitant at first, but discovered she absolutely loved it. She is making a difference, and helping to contribute to her daughter's education. Sounds like a win-win to me. 

I'm quick to talk myself out of things, thinking that I'm not qualified or capable, and yet often times I've seen others with much less experience tackling head on the very thing I've talked myself out of. Hanging on to these limiting beliefs not only prevents me from personal growth, but also prevents the world from benefiting from the unique gifts I may have to share. 

It may be time to let go of those old beliefs, and embrace the change that will likely occur. Like my friend you might be surprised at how much you enjoy the change. 

"Whether you think you can, or think you can't. You're right."
Henry Ford


No comments:

Post a Comment