Tuesday, October 24, 2017

When To Change


When to change?

Change is an interesting thing. Although, on the one hand we may know that change will be good for us, often we are reluctant to do so. Sometimes it seems an impossible task, or simply too hard for us to even consider.

Yet, we may find ourselves coming back to the same spot time and time again. For some, it is not until they hit rock bottom that they actually execute a change. Others simply get tired of always returning to the same place, and simply say, "No more."

What I do know is that you probably won't be successful with change if you are not ready for it yourself. For each person this is an individual ride, and one that others really can't push you into. They can encourage you, and cajole you, but if you decide to make a change it will have to be up to you. 

I know for me, it can take a long time to get there, but once I do I generally have some level of success. What I find, though, is that I can easily drift back to old habits if I'm not careful. Of course, when this happens I have to start the whole process over again, but to be honest, I'd rather start again than totally give up. 

Once you are in that place where YOU have decided you are ready to change it is best to move forward. Whether it be baby steps or a huge jump whatever works best for you is worth considering. Rarely, will you find someone who wishes they never changed if the change itself results in a happier life. 

"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same."
Unknown



2 comments:

  1. I find great wisdom in your phrase, “but to be honest, I'd rather start again than totally give up. ”

    ReplyDelete