Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Change Your Routine


Change your routine. 

I am a creature of habit. I am very content to do the same kinds of things each week, eat the same kinds of food, and watch the same kind of television shows over and over again. 

Left to my own devices I could actually be quite boring, however, over time I have recognized my natural inclinations, and have made a concerted effort to push myself out of my comfort zones. 

Although, I believe that routines can provide a framework, and a stability to your life, I also have found that anytime I have an opportunity for novelty I rarely am disappointed. Breaking out of those routines allows me the opportunity to try new things, meet new people, and grow as a person. 

Sometimes just doing something as simple as taking a different way to work can result in a more interesting drive. I remember as a beginning college student at my local community college wanting so desperately to shake things up in my life that just parking on the other side of the building seemed to kick start me out of the rut I was furrowing. 

I find that being open to possibilities is also a great way to be open to changing routines. Just finding that balance between the two might be all it takes to paving the way to a more interesting life. 

"Accept yourself and expect more from yourself."

Gretchen Rubin

1 comment:

  1. Routine helps me keep good habits, but they can also become mindless acts done without thinking.

    ReplyDelete