Saturday, October 14, 2017

Change Your Direction


Change your direction. 

Do you like the direction you are headed? Have you taken the time to consider how the choices you make today may impact your life tomorrow?

The encouraging thing, though, is that most of the time it is not too late to change course if you've gotten off track. Changes in diet, activity, and purpose can make all the difference in a more satisfying life. 

As we age we may hold the keys to our future through the choices we make today. The direction we are headed now may have direct consequences on the future. If our lifestyle choices are not contributing to where we want to be ten or twenty years from now, maybe we need to change direction. 

I like to ask myself if what I'm doing today is helping me get closer to my goal or is pushing me away? When I'm tempted to stay on the couch, and skip my walk with Cooper just reminding me of this often does the trick, and gets me moving. 

Knowing that a glass of tea at dinner might keep me awake later that night, results in a refreshing glass of water with lime instead. Receiving a glowing blood work panel makes maintaining my weight worth all the effort. 

As you travel down the path of your life ask yourself if you are traveling in the right direction, and if it might be time for a change? 

"If you don't change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
Lao Tzu 


2 comments:

  1. That last quote is a doozie. I hope it is never too late to change direction when I get smarter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the very same thing about the quote.

      Delete