Monday, October 30, 2017

Change One Thing

Change one thing.

If you could change one thing about you or your life what would it be? Is there something your spouse or family wishes you would change?

For some it might be health related, or possibly job or location related. Maybe it's a bad habit that you just can't seem to break. Perhaps if you utilized the right tools you could accomplish your goals. 

Sometimes the very thing we want to change is just a part of our nature. Not that we can use this as an excuse for bad behavior that affects others, but maybe we should be a little more kind to ourselves about our shortcomings. 

I think for me my tendency to interrupt, to respond too quickly, and my sarcastic undertones are all things I wish I could change for the better.  Of course sometimes these traits that I view negatively when used appropriately can really be strengths. 

I truly believe that we have control over many of the changes we want to make. As I've pointed out before, if you are really serious about wanting to make a change, a good resource is Gretchen Rubin's latest book, The Four Tendencies. Once you have identified your tendency you canuse the  guidelines she provides to more successfully bring about this change. 

What works for me will often times not work for you unless you happen to be an upholder. Luckily, one tendency is not any better than the other, and all are capable of change. 

As you contemplate something you might want to change consider getting started sooner than later. 

"Don't expect to see a change if you don't make one."
Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment