Thursday, October 19, 2017

Change What You Know


Change what you know. 

Recently I've found myself learning more about the benefits of healthy eating. I'm noticing that I want to take a more proactive role in possibly preventing illness and disease, and I'm learning that what we eat can help determine this. 

I've had a lot of preconceived notions about things I've been told in the past, but I'm learning that new information seems to be coming forth regularly. What we thought to be true yesterday, may not be true today. 

Being receptive to changing what you once knew, and exchanging that knowledge for something new isn't always easy. I find it more comfortable to just do what I've always done. 

However, comfortable doesn't necessarily mean more productive. Recently I had bloodwork down for my annual check-up, and the results were astonishingly better than six months ago. What had changed in those six months were changes in my eating habits, and changes in my knowledge about food. 

I personally think it is important to always being open to learning something new. If through the choices we make we can look and feel better, and maybe allow ourselves to age more gracefully then I think it's worth considering. 

Of course, being open to changing what you know can go across the board as it doesn't have to just be about what you eat. Changing what you know doesn't automatically result in having to change what you believe, but it can lead to better understanding. Plus to me, it just makes life more interesting.

"Understanding motivates change."

Dr. Oz

2 comments:

  1. To me you are a good example of always learning. Thanks for letting me know you via social media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about you. World's apart and yet right next door.

      Delete