Monday, May 2, 2016

Yes


Yes.  

There is power in saying yes. Yes seems to get the ball rolling. It opens doors and possibilities. 

Singer-songwriter Jason Mraz believes, "Yes is the key that unlocks potential." One definition of potential according to Mirriam Webster is, "existing in possibility." I love that! What a wonderful way to view the world. 

Mraz also states that yes, "...really is the key to creativity and that creativity doesn't happen if you say no." Using a key as a visual fits beautifully with the idea of unlocking potential and possibilities. 

Sometimes committing to yes is difficult. It might force you out of your comfort zone.  It might open the door to ridicule or rejection if you fall short. It might be hard to fit it into your already busy schedule. Saying no might just be easier. But life really is one opportunity after another, and each of those opportunities allow us to learn more about our world and ourselves. 

Now when I'm talking about yes, I don't mean one more committment, one more batch of cookies, or one more committe post. I'm talking about something you've always wanted to 

do, for whatever reason you've always talked yourself out of it. Maybe today is the day to say yes. 

2 comments:

  1. I swear, we read each other's minds. I have a key thing going on, on my blog today. And, I'm so glad you said yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all signed up for the class and looking forward to it!

      Delete