Friday, May 6, 2016

Fixer Upper




Fixer upper. 

One of our new favorite shows is Fixer Upper. Who couldn't resist the antics of Chip and the charm of Joanna as they turn, "the worst house in the neighborhood," into the envy of the block? 

Fixing up something is admirable and resourceful, but what if something can't be fixed? I've spent a lot of time trying to fix situations which would have been better off left alone. I just kept thinking that if I kept on trying, worked hard enough, or managed and controlled enough eventually things would be better. This need to fix is really counterproductive. 


I would have been better off just letting people live and let live. Others choices might not be mine, but it is their choice to make. It's hard to accept this, and learn to back off when you've become pretty adept at being the Fixer. I think I'll let Chip and Joanna be the fixer uppers, and I'll get on with life. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete