Thursday, May 5, 2016

Serial Hobbyist




Serial hobbyist. 

I was watching Tiny House Nation the other day, and the tiny house inhabitant had a tiny house dilemma because she considered herself a serial hobbyist, and there just wasn't enough room for all her "stuff."

I had to smile at the term as I now consider myself a serial hobbyist. Now truthfully, it is easy to do when you are retired or should I say semi- retired like I am. What once took all your time, work, can be replaced with what Merriam-Webster defines as a, "pursuit outside one's regular occupation engaged in especially for relaxation." 

I remember a time in my life where I struggled to think of even one hobby I participated in. My fall back was always reading, but in some ways that didn't really sound too much like a hobby; not like stamp collecting. 

Today my list of hobbies still includes reading, but has evolved to include scrapbooking, crocheting, knitting, coloring, art journaling, blogging, photography, cooking and collecting. I'm still wanting to pursue sewing, Bible journaling, and crafting in the future. After the school year ends I anticipate more time to continue these pursuits. 


How about you? What hobbies do you enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment