Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Drift Revisited


Drift revisited. 

I've written about drift before. Basically drift according to Gretchen Rubin is, "the decisions we make by not deciding."

I look back over the past seven years and I see a lot of drift. When I initially retired I had no plan in mind, except that I would be open to new opportunities. The problem with that was that I found myself fearful of new opportunities. Instead, I allowed myself to drift back into the familiar, just in a modified form. 



In the process seven years flew by. At this point in my life I don't have seven more years to waste. Now that I have fully embraced retirement, I don't want to fall prey to drift. I want to be intentional in the decisions I make. I don't think I have any time to lose to not deciding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment