Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Brave


Brave. 

Inspiration can come from many different places. Sometimes from the least expected. 

I've been watching a new series called The Family, and I was catching up the other day when I heard this phrase, "Be a little bit brave for a little bit of time." Being brave is a difficult thing. 

I used to think when I was younger that bravery had something to do with not bring afraid. I realized that I was not brave as an early teen. I knew at that moment that I would never follow in the footsteps of my childhood hero, Nancy Drew. What I didn't know then was that there would be many things I would not do because I was afraid. 

However, what I failed to understand at that tender age was that bravery didn't mean you weren't afraid. We all are afraid at one time or another. Bravery is actually doing it inspite of the fear. 

I wish I had heard this quote at an earlier age, because I think we all have the capacity to be, "a little bit brave," and knowing it is only for, "a little bit of time." Knowing this then might have changed a thing or two, but knowing it now is even better. 



3 comments: