Friday, May 13, 2016

Graduation Cards


Graduation cards. 

I was searching for a graduation card the other day when I couldn't help but notice how inspiring they are. I think we all need a stack of graduation cards to keep us motivated. 

When you first graduate the world is your oyster as you contemplate your hopes and dreams.  As you continue on your way in life, though, you realize that just because you want something doesn't always make it so. I think for me my modest beginning teacher's salary was a wake up call that I might not be traveling the world or owning the dream car. Over time it seemed my days began to revolve more and more around obligations and responsibilities. 


As I read those cards I couldn't help but think about how they could apply to my 
own life today? Alongside the cards were some inspiring graduation gifts; some 
of those word wall art hangings. I couldn't resist the one that read Make Every Day Count. Perhaps it's not too late to reach for those dreams you once envisioned as a young graduate. 

1 comment:

  1. It is that time of year. I always feel a little sad when public school is out.

    ReplyDelete