Monday, May 16, 2016

Mascara




Mascara.  

I've been using the same brand of mascara since I was a teenager. You know the hot pink and lime green one. One thing I've noticed lately is that my eyelashes appear to be thinning. It's either that or I actually can't see them as I inch closer to the mirror. 

The other day I was reading a posting about beauty products, and one of them happened to be mascara. Being in need of a tube I picked up the recommended brand hoping the end result would be thicker lashes. Turns out it really is a better product, and I was quite pleased with the results. 

This got me to thinking about other things I've stuck with over the years never really venturing out to try anything new. I remember years ago my best friend's mother made a habit of trying out the new products at the grocery store. It was always fun to be around when she was unpacking groceries. 



My own mother's grocery list rarely changed from week to week, and I seem to have followed suit. Just think of all the products I've missed out on over the years simply because I didn't want to give up that pink and green tube of mascara!

3 comments:

  1. I like how you think through very common habits. Did you look at the Compassion class? First lesson is already a zinger. I like to hang out in the forum so if you would like to tell me your online name, I'll look for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was planning on getting started today. I'll e mail you my online name.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete