Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Progress

 



“Think progress, not perfection.”

Sometimes my need for perfection gets in the way of me accomplishing my goals. 
I should take the progress vs perfection advice to heart, but I’ve learned that at least initially I need the perfection to motivate me to continue. 

I seem to be wired more “all or nothing” or as author Gretchen Rubin says, I’m more of an “abstainer” than a “moderator.”

It’s much easier for me to decide ahead of time to say no to the chips at the Mexican restaurant than to allow myself to have just a few. Just like that famous Lay’s commercial of the sixties, “Nobody can eat just one.”

I woke up this morning, stepped on the scale, and knew it was time for a course correction. I know I’ll be more successful if I white knuckle it through the next couple of days. 

I’ve found, though, that when I’m in control of my eating I feel more empowered in other areas as well. So I’m making a commitment today to better food choices. 

What works best for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment