Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Country Measurement




The other day I was watching all three of my grandsons. The oldest is usually in school, but was home because of the Christmas Break. 

We were talking and at some point he informed me, “Hey, Mimi I’m almost a sack of feed.”
I knew immediately what he was referring to since we have started buying both dog and chicken food in large amounts. 

I asked him if he knew how much that was, and without skipping a beat he said, “Fifty pounds.” Now I can’t tell you how close to that amount he actually weighs, but I do know that my Weight Watcher goal is just shy of three feed bags!










3 comments:

  1. You could probably do an entire series on measurement and weight comparisons. I had a friend that had the largest feet I’d ever seen. I asked him what size boot he wore and he said a 2 1/2. That’s impossible I said. He laughed and said it meant two cow hides and a half of keg of nails. I’m sure you could do an entire series on such things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I taught school we would measure things using unconventional items. It was a lot of fun. Your comment is posting as Anonymous. Can you reveal your identity?

      Delete
    2. Oh good maybe he will have good math sense unlike some of us, lol!

      Delete