Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Exercise

 



Well I stared something new yesterday. I went and worked out at our local Wellness Center here in my little town. I didn’t even know it was an option until I spoke with a nurse at my doctor’s office. 

As much as I kept telling myself I would try to walk at home, it just wasn’t happening. Included in your basic monthly membership is access to employees who help determine which exercise choices will work best for you. 

Since my Medicare supplement does not include a Silver Sneakers plan I knew I would have to pay for my membership out of pocket. The cost is only $25.00 a month which I thought was fair, and it’s only about five minutes from my house which is even better!

After working with one of the young women on staff I was able to craft a plan for the next few visits. As time goes by and I get in better shape I’ll have her as a resource as to what to do next. 

My plan is to exercise three mornings a week whenever possible. I’m feeling good about my decision, because after reflecting on last year I knew that in the area of fitness I was definitely lacking. 

Walking on the treadmill today was also a great opponent to try out my new wireless earbuds which I received at Christmas. If the truth be know they were a $5.00 stocking stuffer, but so far seem to be working just fine. LOL!

1 comment:

  1. I got a new treadmill for Christmas so I am trying to do it daily but my back makes me take a day off here and there. Good luck and keep up the good job!!!

    ReplyDelete