Friday, January 6, 2023

Progressives

 



Well the time has come. After years of jockeying two different pairs of glasses I’m going today to order my first pair of progressives. 

Now to be honest at first it wasn't too bad because I primarily used my “far away” glasses as I call them to read the menu at Mc Donald’s. Then I donned them when I was driving primarily to sharpen the look of street signs. 

Overtime I used them while watching our smaller tv, and eventually the big screen fell victim as well. I knew something was up when I stopped getting a clear view inside Walmart. I needed my “close up” glasses to read the label information, but the distance between the shelves was falling into my “ far away” range. 

I’ve also noticed with all the new technology on my car that I really need to be able to read the “close up” as well as the “far away.”

Now why have I waited so long to get these glasses? Well it basically boils down to me being a wimp. About ten years ago when they were first suggested to me ( and when my eyes really weren’t that bad) they mentioned that it would take a while to get used to them, and they might give me headaches.

The word headache was all it took to convince me they weren’t for me. During that time period I was suffering from weekly headaches, and sometimes I had back to back headaches. Luckily, those headaches stopped about five years ago (I changed my diet, and got away from so much processed food, and they miraculously stopped.)

So now that headaches aren’t a regular part of my life I’m willing to take the chance on a few headaches in order to see and function at my best. 

If you wear progressives let me know your experience, and any tips I need to know. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope they work for you as I have tried them for the 3rd time recently and I just can’t get used to them which is frustrating!

    ReplyDelete