Sunday, January 1, 2023

2023




The start of a new year. I like beginnings. They are always so full of promise. I would like this year to be more creative. I feel like I’ve left that side of me behind, and it makes me sad. One of my Christmas gifts this year is a book entitled Conscious Creativity. I’m hoping that this book will serve as a catalyst for a more interesting year. 

I remember when Chuck and I moved into the apartment in 2017 how suddenly our life became so much more interesting. Everything was new and different, and we were living a completely new life. I loved it. I remember walking down the hall from the parking garage to our first floor apartment thinking that I was living the most exciting life. 

No longer was I a homeowner in the suburbs. Each day as I ventured out I looked for new and different opportunities. Even our style of eating changed as Chuck and I explored plant-based eating. I loved sitting out on my tiny patio meeting new people, and catching a glimpse of the lake. 

Each day as I walked around the lake my soul felt revived. I began to meet new people, and challenged myself to try new things. 

It was a wonderful year, but during the last few months I knew it was time to move on. Living with noisy upstairs neighbors was no way to live. When we bought our home in Euless I was over the moon. I called it my bells and whistle home. It was such a lovely place, and I thoroughly enjoyed the location, and all it had to offer. 

Sadly, when the pandemic hit life as we had known it changed dramatically. Suddenly our only connection with others was through a Zoom meeting. It was better than nothing, but not the same. Churches were closed on Easter Sunday, and our trip to Ireland with my sisters was cancelled. Christmas Eve found each family at home alone not wanting to tempt fate. 

Our move to the country brought on a whole new set of challenges as we built our home in De Leon. I couldn’t be more pleased with the way it has turned out, but somewhere in the busyness of getting it built I’ve lost sight of the things that stir my soul. 

I’ve loved living closer to Brittany, Will and the boys, and am treasuring the new friendships I’m making. However, I want to once again challenge myself to not just go through the motions of day to day living. I’m looking forward to more adventures with Chuck, and taking advantage of opportunities.

My goal is to write daily throughout the week on my blog. Just the discipline alone, and a daily expectation forces me to be more observant of the world around me. I think that’s a good starting point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment