Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Fear




I like to listen to the Ken Coleman Show when I head to Comanche to babysit my two younger grandsons each week. 

Ken gives guidance on how to choose purposeful work. He also gives good advice about life in general. 

The other day when he was talking with a man who confessed he was fearful about moving on from his current job, Ken asked this about fear:

“Is fear telling me the truth and protecting me, or is fear lying and holding me back?”

I found this to to be a very helpful perspective. Fear sometimes gets a bad rap. Being brave is a popular trend these days. Except, fear isn’t necessarily a bad thing, especially if it provides protection when needed. Learning to listen to that still, small voice might be beneficial at that moment. 

However, if fear is trying to convince you of something that is untrue then it’s best to run from it. Don’t allow the lies of fear to “hold you back” as Ken says. 

If you are contemplating a change in life and are fearful about that change, start by determining if what fear is telling you is the truth or a lie? Then you will be able to make a decision from a better place. 

1 comment:

  1. I regret trying things in life like a new career due to fear!

    ReplyDelete