Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Podcast Heaven




 Well after almost ten years, and just shy of 200,000 miles we traded in the old Rav 4, and purchased a Highlander over the Christmas break. It wasn’t exactly planned, but at the same time we had been talking about replacing my car for a while. 

We considered getting another Rav 4 because I really did love my car, but once Chuck sat in the front seat we knew it was no longer a consideration. My 2013 model had a slim console, but the new model had an extremely wide console. Trying to fit a six foot tall man in the front seat resembled squeezing sardines into a can. There was no way he was going to fit comfortably.

So we turned our sights on the next size up, and test drove the Highlander. Now the size and comfort of the ride was so much nicer than our former vehicle, something that had been pointed out to me before by my daughter. I was instantly hooked. There was plenty of room for Chuck in the front seat, and this little beauty actually could seat seven with a third row. A perfect number for our family. 

Another plus for this vehicle was that it was a hybrid (not electric) with an impressive 36 mpg. However, the only drawback was the color, which to be honest would not have been my first choice. 

That being said, it had been discounted significantly to make room for more inventory, and with the right price, size and comfort the color seemed to matter less and less. Now each time I look at it I’m actually liking it more and more. It really has grown on me. 

Perhaps the most exciting part of this car is the Apple Car Play feature which syncs up easily with my phone. Now I am able to listen to my favorite podcasts while driving. Usually, I’m plugged into the news which over time can leave you pretty darn discouraged.

Yesterday while running errands in town I felt quite uplifted listening to some beginning of the year encouragement. I’m hoping that filling my mind with something a little more positive on a daily basis will help contribute to a great 2023. 

No comments:

Post a Comment