Sunday, October 14, 2018

Humor


Humor
"The quality of being amusing or comic."

I've always enjoyed being around people with a good sense of humor. Some of my favorite memories are times that involved laughter. My college roommate and I still laugh today about some of the silly things we did back in those days. 

Allowing ourselves to lighten up a little, and not taking everything so seriously is a good thing. Humor is like the silver lining in the cloud. When you can look for the humor in a situation often times it can serve as a bridge between two sides. 

I remember once in sixth grade being completely smitten with the funniest boy in my class. He always had a way of making me laugh at the most inappropriate times, much to the dismay of my teacher. 

Around twenty years later I met another guy with a great sense of humor who luckily asked me to marry him. We've been laughing together ever since, and I look forward to many more adventures. 

One of my favorite aspects of teaching was all the opportunities for laughter. When you are not around children you might find yourself laughing less and less. Now that I have two grandsons I'm laughing again, and look forward to spending more time with them. 

Funny movies are a great way to just relax, and forget your cares. One of my favorites is the romantic comedy, The Propsal. If you've not seen it get ready to laugh. I once read about a man who watched hour after hour of funny movies as part of his recooperation from a serious illness. Apparently it worked due to the natural releasing of endorphins that laughter brings. 

 With some of the virtues demanding more discipline, adding humor to your life is actually something you will enjoy doing. 

"Laughter is the best medicine."







No comments:

Post a Comment