Monday, January 2, 2017

Move


Move.

I've chosen the word move as my one word resolution for the year 2017. 

It looks like Chuck and I will be actually moving from our home soon. We are ready for Chuck to have less of a commute, and less responsibilities of home ownership. As you know we spent several weeks last fall decluttering, and now we are working on getting the house ready to be on the market. Our plans are to embrace urban style apartment living for a period of time as we get ready to build a house on our farm in the country. 

Along with this move I'd like to be more committed to living a less sedintary life. It's easy for me to fall into the trap of the couch and tv, and along with the internet I can find myself not moving around much in a day. Luckily, I've discovered a feature on my Fit Bit that can actually track the percentage of my day that is active and sedentary. I know that setting a goal of 10,000 steps might not be realistic for every day, but I do know that I can make a conscious effort to move more through out the day. Just getting up every hour and moving around for a few minutes can help. 

In addition, to an actual move, and physical movement I'd also like to challenge myself to move toward learning something new. I'm quick to come up with ideas, but often slow to act upon them. I'd like to move toward changing this habit. 


Although, there were challenges along the way in 2016, there were also many blessings. So look out 2017 here I come.

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with your consistent moving forward. Hip Hip Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has taken a little effort lately with the blog, but I feel like I'm back on track. Hope 2017 is a good one for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete