Friday, December 30, 2016

Fiction


Fiction.

I'm actually sending out a request today. I've found over the last several years that I am reading less and less fiction. 

To be honest, this makes me sad, as I've read so many wonderful stories over the years. I've found myself drawn to nonfiction and I'm not exactly sure why? Perhaps my attention span is not what it once was, and I'm having a harder time staying interested in the fiction I'm reading. 

I think also I've read so many books over the years that I'm finding myself with a "been there, done that" attitude. I've become a pro at plot formulation, and find myself losing interest pretty quickly. 

I do know that I seem to be drawn to historical fiction. So dear readers if you've read any really good books lately I'd love some recommendations. My goal is to read one fiction book per month this year. I've included below a list of some of my favorite books.

Book Recommendations
The Boston Girl Anita Diamant
The Aviator's Wife Melanie Benjamin
The Paris Wife Melanie Benjamin
Orphan Train Christina Baker Kline
The Chaperone Laura Moriarty (Read Orphan Train first)



No comments:

Post a Comment