Friday, December 9, 2016

The Red Coat


The red coat. 

One of my favorite children's story is Little Red Riding Hood. Of course, the primary article of clothing was her little red cloak. When my daughter was around two I bought her a precious London Fog red coat which made her look just like Little Red herself. 

Yesterday I pulled my own red coat out of the closet for the first time this year, as the weather had finally turned cold. As I was heading into the library I began to wonder exactly how old that coat actually was? I remember purchasing it at Eddie Bauer at the Outlet Mall in Allen. To be honest, I fell in love with it immediately. I loved the color, the weight of the coat and its classic style. It was just perfect for me. 

Well apparently, it has been too perfect because I honestly think that coat might be pushing fifteen years old. Now, it's not that I can't afford a new coat, but there really is nothing wrong with it, and as long as it makes a trip to the cleaners it still seems to work and wear just fine. 



I guess Eddie Bauer must make a quality product, although I don't even know if they are in business anymore. I suppose some day I will replace it, but until then I'll enjoy wearing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment