Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Sleep


Sleep. 

Pretty much my entire life I've slept on basic sheets and somewhat flat pillows. I really didn't know any different. Except that several years ago my family traveled to Las Vegas and stayed at a 5 star hotel. There were three televisions, and I felt like a Kardashian. More over, the sheets were made of Egyptian cotton, and I would have been perfectly content to remain in bed all day. 

When we returned my daughter surprised me with a pair for Christmas. Life was better, but they weren't exactly the same as the Vegas ones. What I really didn't know much about at the time was a thing called thread count. Apparently the higher the thread count the more expensive the sheet. 

Recently it was time to replace those well worn Egyptian cotton sheets, and as I scanned the aisles I discovered that there was actually a thousand count sheet. Now the price was well above what I would have normally considered reasonable, however, sometimes in life you just have to splurge. 

The first thing I noticed when I brought them home was the weight of them. They were significantly heavier than any sheet I had purchased before. Along with these new sheets we have purchased two sets of My Pillows. One for sleeping and one for hugging. Between the comfy sheets and the fluffy pillows I'm sleeping like a baby each night. Another added bonus is that the sheets seem to retain the heat so no heavy blanket is needed. 



Now I'm usually pretty practical when it comes to spending, but if you ever find yourself with extra money I highly recommend splurging on some nice bedding. If you want you might want to consider it a part of healthy living. The words of Ben Franklin laud the benefits of a good night's sleep, "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."

2 comments:

  1. We just purchased a more expensive mattress than I expected to purchase. With this very deep mattress, new sheets were purchased. Don't regret it.

    ReplyDelete