Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Be Creative


Be creative. 

I've always considered myself a creative person. As a child my imagination ran freely as my favorite kind of play was make-believe. As a teacher I took great pleasure in creating engaging activities that made learning enjoyable. I always encouraged my students to utilize their creativity as well. 

Starting this blog almost two years ago was a way to channel my creativity through writing. What I have noticed lately, though, is that I have been so busy with other things that creativity seems to have taken a back seat. Consequently, I've found myself struggling to come up with ideas for the blog. What once seemed to flow like water now became difficult. 

Perhaps it might have something to do with me not reading much over the last couple of months. I have been busy taking care of house related projects, and my books have remained untouched. Reading seems to be the catalyst to my reflection and creativity. 

In a recent study published by The Journal of Positive Psychology it was discovered that, "People who engage in creative pursuits today felt more energetic, enthusiastic, and excited the next day." I can certainly relate to this in my life. 


Creativity can encompass many areas, and is a personal pursuit, but its benefits enhance our lives. It's easy to push creativity to the side as not quite as important, but in fact it might just be the most important. Make room for creativity today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment