Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Milestones


Milestones. 

I was thinking about the importance of milestones that happen in a lifetime. This past weekend we celebrated my grandson's first birthday and his baptism. Both of these would be considered milestones. We celebrated with friends and family and my daughter had planned everything perfectly. Her mother-in-law prepared a Pinterest perfect birthday cake just made for smashing. 

As important as those milestones are I thought the words of Rose Kennedy were worth reflection, "Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments."

I'm happy to say that we have had many of those moments this past year. Children have a way of reminding us that things don't have to be big or elaborate to be memorable. I count my blessings for all the moments of laughter and all the hugs that have come along the way.  



I look forward to all the other milestones that life will bring, but am happy that the ordinary moments are special too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment