Monday, December 5, 2016

An Interesting Combination


An interesting combination. 

When Mark Twain said, "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure," he may have been speaking tongue in cheek, but there is a lot of truth in his observations. 

Nightly news might find you scratching your head wondering if the inmates are running the asylum? Often times I've wondered how or why someone thought they were the perfect person for the job, and why I felt such little confidence in my abilities  to accomplish the same thing? I think sometimes the more you know about something, the more you realize how little you actually know. 

You discount your expertise because you think there is probably someone else who knows more than you. This very well may be true, but you still may have something of value to contribute. It's interesting how confidence can overshadow ability, and allow some to tackle tasks that are way beyond their capacity to do so. 


My thinking here is that if you happen to know more about something than the average person, then you might have a contribution that needs to be shared. Don't allow those with less expertise be the ones to call all the shots. Stand up and share your gifts. 

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I have been talking about this very subject. He is always hestitant when someone is over confident. I am watchful first to see if the confidence is real.

    ReplyDelete