Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Where You Belong


Where you belong. 

I'm beginning an interesting book by Melody Warnick, entitled This Is Where You Belong. Melody is a young author who has found herself moving time and time again always chasing that elusive "perfect place."

Except that there really is no perfect place. Some may appeal more to you than others, but if you let them they can always come up lacking. I'm keeping this in mind as we make our plans to move to our next place. 


I always find myself excited in the planning stages of sonething new. I love exploring new possibilities, but know that often times when reality steps in there can be disappointments. 

Warnick includes a list of actions to help make wherever you live a more satisfying experience. She includes things like buying local, saying hello to neighbors, becoming regulars at local eating establishments, and volunteering in your new community to name a few. 

She also lists her Love Where You Live Principles. One of these that seems particularly poignant is, "If you want to love your town, act like someone who loves your town would act." There is something about feelings following actions vs actions following feelings. 


It seems that several people I know are making some major changes in their lives when it comes to location, and it's good to keep in mind that life is mostly what you make it. I'm looking forward to making my new home the place where I belong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment