Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Be On the Lookout


Be on the lookout. 

I picked up a fun little book the other day entitled Life is Sweet by Addie Johnson. It's one of those happiness books with a list of 333 ideas of how to enrich your life. 

One of the ideas that caught my attention was to be, "On the Lookout for the New and Interesting." 

Johnson writes about her godmother who made the resolution to, "Open her eyes and really see something new and inspiring every day, something that would enlighten her and lift her morale." 

Now as I gave some thought to how I could achieve this in my life I couldn't help but reflect on something that has been getting a bad rap lately-Face Book. 

Although in the heat of our recent election Face Book has seemed to become an instrument of negativity, it really doesn't have to be. Face Book can actually be an opportunity to enlighten and lift our spirits. Just the other day I watched the most heart warming video of a three year old girl and her father singing You've Got a Friend in Me. How could you not feel better after viewing it?

Face Book is an opportunity to learn about new places, to reach out with prayer to a friend in need, and to discover an amazing new dish for dinner. It shares with the world the goodness of people, and gives you a good laugh now and then. It is a way to reconnect, stay in touch, and share special moments with your friends. 





So my proposal today is start posting more pictures of your pets, children and grandchildren and bring more inspiration into our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment