Thursday, January 19, 2017

Choose to Dance




Choose to dance. 

One of our favorite things to do is watch our one year old grandson dance. More times than not if there is music in the background you will find him dancing along. It even appears that he has perfected the hip roll when listening to Toby Keith

As we were discussing how cute this was my daughter pointed out that his awareness of music has made her more aware as well. Her observation reminded me about how much we can learn from these little ones. Her stopping to smell the roses twenty five years previously helped me to slow down and take in the beauty around me. 

His love of music and the enjoyment it seems to bring him reminds me of the song by Dolly Parton, "And when you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance. His natural inclination to dance is something worth emulating. 



No comments:

Post a Comment