Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Cleaning Blinds


Cleaning blinds. 

In anticipation of moving I've begun the arduous task of cleaning blinds. That's twenty-two sets big and small. 

Although I would consider myself tidy, I've never been one to enjoy housework. I remind my husband often that I am cerebral in nature, and if truth be told a little lazy when it comes to more physical work. 

What I have learned over the past week is that there is some satisfaction in cleaning the blinds. For one who battles a constantly whirling mind, cleaning blinds forces you into the moment, and allows your thoughts to rest. The repetitiveness of the action of squeezing out the cloth and working your way from one end of the blind to the other is actually calming. 

As I work I enjoy listening to talk radio or podcasts, and am happy to have the time to do so. As I complete one and move onto the other there is satisfaction in a job well done. Now if you are needing help cleaning your blinds please don't call because I'm pretty sure I'll be unavailable. 



Nevertheless, I'm hoping that the next owners of our home will grow to love it as much as I have, and I want its beauty to shine through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment