Tuesday, April 17, 2018

The Closet


The closet. 

I've had this reoccurring dream for many years. I'm either wandering through my own house or someone else's, and I come upon a room or a closet that I didn't know existed. 

Well it appears my dream has come true, and it's actually pretty crazy.  

This past weekend my daughter, Brittany was visiting, and was needing to use the restroom. Up until this point Chuck and I have only frequented the master bath and the powder room. Brittany actually was the first to use the guest bathroom. 

A few minutes later I heard her inquiring about a linen closet in that bathroom. I actually had NO idea what she was talking about. She then proceeded to show me the up until now undiscovered linen closet. It was basically hidden behind the door, and since I had NEVER closed the bathroom door from inside I was clueless about its existence. 

I'm not sure which I was more overtaken with, surprise or joy, but I was definitely excited to have more room. I had continually questioned why the house only had one small linen closet in the master bathroom, and was having to place overflow linen, and blankets in other closets and dressers throughout the house. 

But really more than anything I was tickled that a dream I've had over and over had actually come true. I remember how in my dream finding that hidden room or closet was always such a satisfying feeling. In fact some nights I'd go to sleep hoping to have the dream again. 



When the absurdity of the fact that Chuck and I had never even known of the linen closet's existence came to light, it made the whole thing even more bizarre. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's not actually some secret portal to another world.  But until I find out differently I'll be filling it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment