Tuesday, April 24, 2018

A Walk By the Lake


A walk by the lake. 

Cooper and I made a return visit to our favorite walking path around Lake Carolyn yesterday. Up until now the weather has been awfully chilly for spring, and the wind has prohibited taking a walk along the lake.

Cooper seemed to know where we were when we turned off the highway, and was excited to be back at our old stomping grounds. As we made our way around I found myself with mixed emotions.  Although, I am very happy to be in our new home, I couldn't help but remember how much I enjoyed our first few months in our apartment. 

One of the things I really enjoyed was the built-in community. Just walking down to get the mail might put you in contact with someone you knew. Cooper and my daily walk resulted in many familiar faces of other dog owners. Our monthly social events were always a great way to interact with others. 

It's interesting how life really does seem to be a series of trade-offs. As much as I enjoyed apartment living eventually our noisy upstairs neighbor made life pretty unpleasant, and becoming homeowners again just seemed to make more sense for the next several years. 


However, returning to the peacefulness of the lake also brought another surprise when I was able to capture a crane in flight as we rounded the corner on our walk yesterday. It wasn't until I got home and checked my pictures that I realized I had. It was just a reminder of a time in my life that will always hold a special place in my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment